1. Why did Jesus go to Samaria?
2. What time of day was it?
3. What do you picture at the well?
4. What do we know about the Samaritans’?
5. Why would a woman go to the well in the heat of the day?
6. What does Jesus ask her for?
· Will you give me a drink vs. 7
· He breaks the cultural norm
· Jesus declares who He is
7. What truth was spoken in love that confronted the woman?
· Go and call your husband
· Jesus goes on to offer her salvation – explains the living water – gift of eternal water.
8. Who does Jesus declare himself to be? Vs 26
9. How does this conversation come to an end?
· The disciples return from buying food.
10. When the women leaves what does she go and say?
11. Many people in the Samaratin town believed in Jesus. Why?
· The woman’s testimony – OUR VERY WORDS carry weight – the Gospel
· Roman’s 10:17 “So faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.”
Her story was powerful!
Your story is powerful!
Tonight I will be sharing my story. Would you mind covering me with your prayers? I appreciate the opportunity to share - declaring His goodness in my life. I am humbled, honored and moved with conviction to speak passionately about the radical change Jesus has made in my life. I am unashamed. Glory to Him alone.
Speaking at Calvary Chapel Buhl Women's retreat in Chalis, Idaho.