Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Pinch of Patience

Today started with a lesson in patience.  It was a typical morning in the house.  Dustin up, dressed, feed and waiting for the bus to arrive.  I bundled up to walk him across the road and then hurry back into the house.  To my surprise my door had frozen shut, locked and key-less I was stuck.  Now, I had just put two of the four dogs outside and locked the back door because they have figured out how to open the door on their own.  This of course is not good in 20 degree weather.  I thought to myself no big deal just go up to the shop and find the spare key.  Well to my dismay their was no spare key to be found.  I called my in-laws who fortunately did have a spare key.  Whew!  I just had to be patient and wait.  I could see the coffee I just poured on the counter through the window.  I could also see two naughty dogs emptying the contents of the trash can all over the kitchen floor.  I could do nothing to stop them.  

My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have [its] perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. 
James 1:2-4

I wait for tomorrow with much weighing on my mind.  I will be done with this road of chemotherapy tomorrow.  

Tomorrow...

Regardless of lab results affirming treatment or denying treatment.  At any rate, the end of a chapter in this race will be finished.  My faith has been stretched.  I have overcome many obstacles in my path.  I have not accomplished this alone.  Testing of ones faith comes with a price.  How much has it cost?   It had all ready been paid - His death - covered the cost - in full.  I am eternally grateful.  My cup of patience has been filled to overflowing.  I have come to understand it takes trials and struggles of all shapes and sizes to grow.  With out these tests we would not have a way to prove our faith.  I believe and so I am saved.  It's like Abraham - he believed God and it was credited to him as righteous (Hebrews 11).  This came before the act of offering Issac on the alter.  His faith was tested.  Abraham's works proved his faith was real.  God brings these tests to bestow blessings upon us. Like sand on the seashore...too many to count.  Blessings like fruit in the form of patience.  We can't give birth to fruit with out a growing season.  It takes time for fruit to develop and become ripe.  So it is with our faith. 
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must first believe he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.  
Hebrews 11:6

What does it mean to earnestly seek? 

 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  Matthew 6:33

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  Matthew 7:7

 I have discovered over these past nine months that prayer has become my lifeline to the throne.  It is open 24/7 for business.  It's not that I didn't pray before all of this happened, I just have been praying more...like all the time. 

Be joyful because you have hope, be patient when trouble comes, and pray at all times. Romans 12:12

I have prayed for patience.  He has delivered.  If you don't ask you won't receive.  We don't ask and we wonder why things stay the same or get worse.  Seeking His kingdom enables his outpouring of various gifts - blessings He wants to bestow upon us.  I am overwhelmed with the response.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean!

It's About Time

Christmas 2022 Luehrs Family This past year has been filled with many planned activities and some of them were a surprise. Once again our fa...