Thursday, September 27, 2012

Trusting Builds Strength

When I am weak then you are strong.  Why then do I feel so weak?  Why do I feel so inadequate to accomplish the tasks before me?  It's only in this moment that I realize it's because of my weakness I rest upon your strength to carry me.  His sufficiency sustains.  My lack of focus and ability to see the super in the natural sits on the curb.  I allow the pressures of the day and the distractions of the moment keep me from fully trusting.  That is really what it boils down to.  Trust.  Simple faith expresses itself in total surrender of trusting a Mighty God who is able to do more than I can imagine.  I recognize in this moment that I am in a state of neediness so desperate for a Savior.  In rides the white horse...Prince of Peace, Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father -- he saves the day again.  In my weakness I begin to sing the song of thankfulness.  I am truly thankful for the opportunity of weakness that forces me to recognize my great need for God in my life.  I can't say it enough...in everything, give thanks!  Every obstacle becomes a tool the Master uses to shape us into His image, turning ashes into beauty and making something out of nothing. Once again I know I am just where He wants me.  Totally and utterly dependent upon Him alone for He sustains the weak.

"Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up." James 4:6

"Blessed are the poor in Spirit, for thiers is the Kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5:3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean!

It's About Time

Christmas 2022 Luehrs Family This past year has been filled with many planned activities and some of them were a surprise. Once again our fa...