Monday, October 1, 2012

Day 1: Rejoice

This is the day the Lord has made.  Let us rejoice and be glad in it! Psalm  118:24

Celebrations can vary in their styles and ventures.  You don't have to have the biggest party or the largest reception hall with the greatest number of guests in attendance.  No an audience of One will do for me.  Just knowing that today is a new day that the Lord has made just for me to enjoy.  So enjoy I will.  The warmth of the fall sun reflecting off the golden leaves flapping in the tall trees makes me smile.  I take a deep breath and exhale.  I'm alive.  I'M ALIVE.  Yes my past haunts me as I sit still in my recliner this morning, reflecting on chemo poison trickling through my veins.  But I celebrate because I am an over-comer.  I drink deeply the light of the morning and embrace what may come before my path today.  Be happy and show it to the world around you.  I smile more.  I laugh more freely.  I love more unconditionally. I live in the moment for that is all we have.  Time to rejoice and celebrate once again all He has done. 

I'm Alive by Peter Furler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean!

It's About Time

Christmas 2022 Luehrs Family This past year has been filled with many planned activities and some of them were a surprise. Once again our fa...