Friday, October 12, 2012

Day 12 Courage

It takes courage to fight.  It takes courage to face uncertainty.  It takes courage to do the right thing.  It takes courage to be authentic. Courage is hard, but not impossible.

One of my favorite verses in the Bible is in Joshua chapter 1.  It says, ""Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God [is] with you wherever you go."Joshua 1:9  I love this verse for several reasons.  It reminds me that it is a commandment from God to be strong and be courageous; for He will be with me always.  That is a great reminder!  I also love that it addresses my feelings.  My feelings can often cloud my vision and direction I may be traveling.  Whenever I read the words do not be afraid, God is addressing my underlying fears.  I may not show fear, but deep down I am scared to death.  When I had to start chemotherapy I was scared to death.  I may not have showed it but I was.  I did not know what my body was going to do in response to the drugs in my system.  This fear escalated when I had an allergic reaction on the 9th round of chemo.  You can read more about that is my post here Waters Rising.  Now that I am on the other side of that incident I can honestly say that took some courage to face.  I could not have done it with out these words of Joshua 1:9.  Did you know that in the Bible the phrase, "do not be afraid" occurs 50 times? I must not be the only one who struggles with fear! 

Having courage equips you to fight, face uncertainty, do the right thing and be authentic.  It is from God and not of man. We were made to be courageous.

I like this clip from the move "Courageous."  This is talking about Fathers and their God given responsibility.  I like the resolution factor.  I like that it takes courage to agree to a resolution.  It's making a commitment to be courageous.  For that I am a huge fan.  After facing cancer, I have vowed to myself and my family to be courageous.  I can face anything after facing that.  The best part is I know I won't be alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean!

It's About Time

Christmas 2022 Luehrs Family This past year has been filled with many planned activities and some of them were a surprise. Once again our fa...